“User” means a customer who uses any and all products or services provided by the Company.
“Product” means any and all products provided by the Company.
“Service” means any and all services provided by the Company.
"Platform Provider" means a business and all related services that provide the Service in cooperation with the Company for promoting or using our applications.
“User Account" means the information provided by a platform provider for identification purposes, and uses a unique identification number (comprising of special numbers or letters) provided by the platform provider without directly specifying and disclosing to the platform provider.
The definitions of terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall be as defined by the relevant laws and regulations, except as provided in Paragraph 1 above. Any matters not set out in the relevant laws and regulations shall be governed by the trade usage.
1. Item of Personal Information Collected and Method of Collection
1) Item of Personal Information Collected
The following information may be generated and collected during the process of using the Service or processing the business.
(1) Customer information (name, email address, phone number, organization, user’s requirements, etc.)
(2) Date and time of access, service use record, etc.
2) Method of Collecting Personal Information:
The Company will collect the personal information in the following manners:
(1) Collecting through a consent procedure when application for the Service or the Product of the Company
(2) Collecting through a separate consent procedure in case of promotions and events
(3) Automatically collecting through a platform affiliated with the Company in connection with the provision of the Service or the Product..
(4) User’s voluntary provision of his/her personal information during the customer services, such as inquires, application for the Service or the Product, payment or use, or collecting after request for collection, if necessary
2. Purpose of Collecting and Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the collected Personal Information of the customers for each of the following purposes:
(1) Ensuring a smooth communication channel for providing notifications or handing complaints, etc.
(2) Providing customer services, such as the processing of inquiries about the Service or the Product, handling disputes related to contract performance, or refund of payments.
(3) Providing information on new services and new product events.
(4) Other content provisions and certification services
3. Sharing and Provision of Personal Information
The Company will use the personal information of the users within the scope specified in "2. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information" and, in principle, will not disclose the personal information to the outside without a prior consent of the user, except for each of the following cases:
(1) When the user agrees to such disclosure in advance
(2) In accordance with the provisions of the laws and regulations, or if there is a request from the investigating agency in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed in the laws and regulations for the purpose of investigation
4. Outsourcing of Personal Information Management
The Company will not outsource any personal information to external companies without the consent of the users. If such need arises in the future, the Company will notify the users of the subject of outsourcing and the details of outsourced works, and will obtain prior consent, if necessary.
5. Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information
In principle, the Company shall keep the personal information of the user until the user’s withdrawal from the membership, and shall destroy the application information without delay after achieving the purpose of collecting and using the personal information.
In the event that it is necessary to preserve the personal information pursuant to the provisions of the Commercial Code or to protect information under the internal policies and any other laws and regulations even after the achievement of the purpose of collecting and receiving the personal information, the Company shall keep the membership information during the period stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations. In such case, the Company shall use such information only for the purpose of custody and the period of retention shall be as follows:
(1) Records relating to contract and cancellation of order: 5 years (Basis of Retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, Etc.)
(2) Records relating to payment and supply of goods, etc.: 5 years (Basis of Retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, Etc.)
(3) Records relating to settlement of consumer complaint or dispute: 3 years (Basis of Retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, Etc.)
(4) Records about confirmation of identity: 6 months (Basis of Retention: Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.)
(5) Records about visit, access log or service use records: 3 months (Basis of Retention: Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
6. Procedure and Method of Disposal of Personal Information
In principle, after attaining its objectives of collection/use of your Personal Information, the Company will dispose the information without delay. The disposal procedure / method are as follows
1) Procedure of Disposal
(1) In principle, all your information provided for service subscription will be disposed after a certain period of time after attaining the objectives of collection/use of such information according to the Company’s internal policies and the relevant laws and regulations (Refer to the Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information).
(2)Personal information will not be used for any other purpose unless otherwise specified by the law.
2) Method of Disposal
(1) Any Personal Information recorded as electronic files in database shall be destroyed in an unrecoverable manner by using appropriate technological means.
(2) Any Personal Information recorded on paper shall be destroyed by shredding or burning.
7. Right of User / Legal Representative and its exercise
This method of exercise may be dealt with upon request through a platform affiliated with the Company in connection with the provision of the Service or upon direct request through the Company’s homepage.
The user or his/her legal representative may, at any time, inspect or amend his/her own personal information or the personal information of the concerned child under the age of 14, or may request cancellation of subscription.
Alternatively, the Company will take appropriate actions without delay if you contact a person in charge of privacy management in writing, or via phone or e-mail.
Upon request for correction of Personal Information, the Company will cease to use / provide the Personal Information until fully corrected. The Company will notify third parties without delay to correct the errors in incorrect information previously provided to third parties.
Personal Information terminated or disposed upon request of the user or his/her legal representative will be handled by the Company in accordance with the “Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information”, and such information will not be inspected or used for other purposes.
8. Installation / Operation of Automatic Collector of Personal Information and Refusal to its Use
9. Technical and Managerial Protection of Personal Information
The Company takes the following technical and managerial measures to protect the user’s personal information from loss, theft, leakage, falsification or damage in its handling such personal information.
1) Countermeasure for Hacking
The Company is making its best efforts to prevent leakage or damage of personal information of members by hacking or computer virus. In order to prevent personal information from being damaged, the Company backs up the data from time to time, prevents leakage or damage of personal information of users by using the latest vaccine program, and ensures the safe transfer of personal information on the network through encrypted communication. In addition, the Company makes efforts to secure any and all technical devices for ensuring other system security.
2) Restriction on and Education for Handling Staff
3) Operation of Organization Dedicated to Personal Information Protection
Through the corporate personal information protection organization, the Company checks the implementation of this policy and the compliance with this policy by the person in charge, and if any problem is found, immediately takes corrective actions. However, the Company will not be liable for any problems caused by the leakage of personal information such as account ID (ID), password, nickname, e-mail, etc. of the platform affiliated with the Company in connection with the provision of the Service due to the user's negligence or any problems on the Internet.
10. Contact Information of Personal Information Manager and Person in Charge
The Company designates the personal information manager and the person in charge of collecting opinions and handling complaints about personal information. Contact details are as follows:
(1) Personal Information Manager: Harold Han, email@example.com, +82-31-606-9918
(2) Person in charge of personal info. management: Harold Han, firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-31-606-9918
If you want to consult with a public agency other than the Company, you may get consultation from the following organizations:
(1) Personal information Infringement Reporting Center of Korea Information & Security Agency
(2) e-Privacy Mark Authentication Committee
(3) Advanced Criminal Investigation Division of Supreme Prosecutors’ Office
(4) Cyber Terror Response Center of National Police Agency
11. Other Matters
The Company may provide the user with the links to other companies' websites or materials. In this case, the Company will not be responsible for availability of the services or materials provided by them and cannot guarantee them because the Company has no control over the external sites and materials.
The user has the right to protect his/her personal information, but at the same time the user has the obligation to protect his/her own personal information and not to infringe the information of others. Please be careful that any personal information including your password will not be leaked and that you do not damage the personal information of others including postings. If you do not fulfill these responsibilities and cause any damage to the information and dignity of others, you may be punished by the related laws and regulations.
The user is solely responsible for any disadvantages and physical damages arising from the use of the Service due to the input of incorrect or wrong personal information.
12. Obligation of Notification
Date of Announcement: Sep 18, 2018
Effective Date: Sep 18, 2018